Epic Notion’s Mike Wall Nominated as The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s 2019 Man of the Year
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s “Man of the Year” Honor and Nomination
Mike Wall, VP of Epic Notion, has been selected as a 2019 Man of the Year nominee by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) North Carolina Chapter. Mike has a fundraising goal of $150,000 with the money raised going towards the amazing work LLS is doing to find a cure for cancer. Mike’s team is honoring the LLS North Carolina Chapter’s Girl of the Year, Emmaline Tringali. Emmaline is a blood cancer survivor and a wonderful example of why this cause is so important. The Woman of the Year candidates are honoring the Boy of the Year, Braylon Beam.
Mike plans to create a team of fundraisers who will work as a unit to reach the highest amount of pledges over the course of 10 weeks. The kickoff rally for the campaign will begin on March 21st at the Hilton City Center in Charlotte. On June 1st, a gala will bring together nominees, fundraising partners, survivors and friends to announce the winner. Last year, the campaign broke fundraising records by raising more than $1.495 million with only 16 nominees for the awards. The goal for 2019 is to break this record once again.
How to Get Involved
There are a number of ways to get involved to help Mike Wall reach his fundraising goal. Partnership opportunities available include:
- Sponsorship Opportunities at the Charlotte Gala – The Grand Finale Gala promises to be an incredible evening where the male and female candidates that raise the most money for LLS during the 10-week campaign are named the chapter’s Man & Woman of the Year.
- Build Your Own Team – Make this campaign personal to you. LLS can build a custom page for you to raise money for the cause. Contact Mike if you’d like to create a team. These teams will be part of the big contest launching soon.
- Personal or Corporate Matching – Double the mission impact by sponsoring a week of matching for Mike Wall’s Campaign.
- Social Media – Spread the word through social media. Promote the cause or encourage individuals to donate.
- Events – Come out to meet Team W’all In at an event or plan your own event.
- Auction – There is a silent auction at the gala and Mike is also going to have his own online auction. You can donate items for the auction or bid on the wonderful things others have given.
- Join the Epic Notion Contest – Details coming soon…
- Purchase Emmaline’s Candle – Details coming soon…
In addition to these opportunities, any tax-deductible contribution can be made to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Every three minutes, a new patient is diagnosed with a form of blood cancer. These donations are critical to saving lives. LLS is responsible for funding 15 out of 17 new FDA-approved blood cancer treatments in 2017 alone.
Contact Mike Wall at email@example.com with any questions regarding any of the above fundraising opportunities. We start fundraising on March 21st!
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Overview
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is dedicated to providing care and research for individuals and families impacted by blood cancers. LLS has the distinct honor of being the largest funder of medical research on blood cancers with an estimated $1.2 billion invested towards a cure. Epic Notion’s Vice President Mike Wall has been nominated for the “Man of the Year” award from The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s North Carolina Chapter and is eager to raise money for this important cause.
LLS is a non-profit created to assist patients and families who are affected by lymphoma, leukemia, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. A major part of fundraising efforts go directly to medical research as a way to search for both a cure and new treatment options to improve the quality of life for patients. In 2018 alone, LLS donated $46 million toward life-saving research efforts.
Patient outreach is another key part of the foundation’s mission. The goal of LLS is to one day find a cure and eliminate all blood cancers. While their efforts are ongoing, LLS assists patients and families in getting the assistance they need before, during and after their diagnosis. LLS sponsors both in-person and online support groups for patients and families. The organization also assists patients with navigating the complexities involved with managing healthcare claims and coverage amounts. Information specialists are made available to answer any and all questions a blood cancer patient may have about their care plans.
Advocacy for affordable and quality healthcare is another component of the LLS mission. LLS has a team of advocates that work tirelessly to get policies changed in order to break down barriers that could be stopping blood cancer patients from getting the treatment they need. More than 33 percent of patients with blood cancers do not survive five years following their diagnosis. LLS aims to increase survival rates by ensuring patients are able to access new cutting-edge blood cancer therapies.